Praying it's just a small bump in the road...

As a few may know besides our family but many of you probably don't. Over the weekend Brent has had cold/ flu like symptoms (nausea, chills, not much appetite and very tired). 
Monday we had a scheduled check up with the kidney transplant doctors. We discussed these symptoms with them and we were instructed to just keep an eye on him. Along with these symptoms his blood work on Monday showed his creatinine (kidney function) was a touch high (that's bad) so they decided to give him a bag of fluids while we were here. After the fluids were complete we went home with instructed that if he would get a temp to call or come to the ER. So home we go! About 8:30 that night his temp rises to 99.8. After giving it ALOT of thought we decided to wait until morning and if it was still high then we would head up. The next morning came and his temperature was still high at 99.9. He went into Bloomington to get his blood drawn to see how his creatinine was after the fluids, hoping it would drop back down to the normal range. In the meantime of getting the blood work results he called his kidney and lung teams. They scheduled him for a kidney biopsy for wends(today). They wanted him to go up Tuesday but we preferred to wait until wends when we would be heading up anyways. They wanted to wait for the lab results before they were ok with that. In the meantime his temp dropped to 97.4. When the nurse called with results his creatinine had gone up just a touch more, Brent discussed his temp with him and the conclusion was made that it would be most effective treatment to just wait and come up first thing wends morning. So here we are! We got up here about 8:30 he had labs, chest x-rays and he had a kidney biopsy at 11 this morning. Brent did great throught the procedure and recovered wonderfully! We currently had a room on the floor but we are still in recovery just waiting to go up and get settled in. The plan is to keep him here until they figure out what is going on. It could be anywhere from a virus to organ rejection. Please pray for wisdom, knowledge and guidance for the doctors, nurses and all the caretakers involved. Also pray that Brent and I can stay strong no matter what God has before us. We know this life is such a gift and we are so blessed for ALL that HE has done for us! 
Much love-
Trudy (&Brent)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Alex Rounds

It's OVER!!!...so far!