Surgery update 6/4/2013

Brent got our about 45 min ago. He is doing well. They were able to do the "loop" colostomy procedure ( which I explained in the last post) there was a chance they would do a total colostomy. So we are thankful they didn't have to do a total!They were able take to breathing tube out and he is recovering well. He will be on a morphine hand pump because they had to make a laparoscopic incision bigger and it's in the middle of his stomach so it will be more painful. When they went in they pulled off 3 1/2 to 4 liters of fluid out of his abdominal cavity, so he should be feeling better from that! The surgeons are still going to keep a close eye on him to make sure he heals up well. He might be slow healing due to the amount of steroids that he is on. It sounds like he has a long road of recovery ahead of him with his kidneys and the healing from this procedure.
Thanks again for all the prayers! We can defiantly feel them! This morning when I woke up I was laying in bed and thinking about what all could go on today with surgery and such. I was getting kinda anxious thinking about it all until I decided to just get up and go over and see what was in store. When the time came that the surgeons came in and gave us the news thatnthey were for sure doing surgery I had a total peace about the procedure and what was ahead of us. Brent also said he was excited to get through the procedures and to be relieved of the pressure! We are SO thankful for the answered prayers.

Comments

  1. So thankful to hear this! We won't stop praying. Love you guys!
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise be to God!

    Love you both,
    U. Ed and A. RUth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord. Bill K

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad surgery went well!! Brent, we hope you're feeling a little better this morning?!! Hang in there Truds! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brent and Trudy,
    Our love and prayers are with you. God is already a step ahead of you...may you rest in His peace.
    Love you, Doug and Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey auntie, its Mo tell uncle B I miss him and I hope he's doing good. We'r praying for you guys .I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers heavenward. Thanks be to God. May God be there each moment of your day!!
    Gary & Gail

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Alex Rounds

It's OVER!!!...so far!