6/5/13 update for the day

My general procedure is to call Brent as soon as I get up each morning to see how his night was and to give him an idea of when I will be at the hospital. This morning when I called he sounded pretty miserable. When I asked him he said he slept good through the night until about 6 when he started feeling discomfort again in his abdomen. When I got up here to the room his stomach was distended again- not quite as much as it was prior to surgery but it was still pretty puffed up. Dr. Wright-his surgeon that did this procedure for him and as Brent told him THE BEST (which we all agreed on!!)- came in to see him because of the symptoms he was having. He told us this distention was common because things are pretty angry inside of him still and also because of the c. Diff infection in the colon. He had told us this was possible to happen again given the infection. While he was up here he placed a small tube into his sm. intestine to release any air that may be in there. His nasal tube was also down into his intestines (it was suppose to be in his stomach), so he readjusted the placement of that and it worked much better! His morphine was also not helping with his pain so they changed that to dilaudid in the pain pump. Doing this has given him much relief! We were so thankful for that! They renal doctors did decide to go ahead with dialysis to help the fluid retention in his body. He is currently comfortably laying in be getting dialysis. We are thankful for the baby steps and for the medicine that's been founded for pain :)

Love to all of you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Alex Rounds

It's OVER!!!...so far!