2nd Antibody treatment and then some....
Well I am glad to tell you his second infusion of retuxin went well. This infusion only took 4 hours instead of 6 like last time. Thanks Mom Blunier for taking the time to come up with him for this infusion so I could stay back home and work.
Where do I really start? Starting last Sunday Brent woke up with a cough, chest congestion, feet swelling (A lot), achy,HA and fever(started Tuesday). So needless to say-he was feeling gross. Monday he went to work all day-he did pretty well, almost came home at one point but toughed it out. Took off work Tuesday & Wendsday, calling up to Chicago to talk to his lung transplant Dr's and his hematologist. Hematology said everything on there end is fine-this was not a side effect from the 1st antibody infusion-whew we were glad for that, that is was going to work for him. So he called the transplant team they started him on Z-pak (zithromax antibiotic orally) for a lung infection, put him back on his blood pressure medications to help his HA because they were running up to 170/100 and his fever had gotten to 99.0. They also scheduled him to have a chest x-ray, labs and pulmonary function testing (PFT) done when he went up for his infusion Thursday (today). So as of last night/this morning he was feeling some what better. His swelling in his feet/ankles was down a ton (he also had them up for 2 days), his temp came back down and his blood pressure lowered some but the HA's were some what better, he no longer had the real bad cough-only occasionally and his congestion hadn't really gotten any better. So today the labs looked fine-per hematology. The chest x-ray showed some increased fluid build up on his R lung and his PFT was kinda all over the place. When they seen the x-ray results they decided to do a CT of his lungs to see more what was going on with that fluid. They decided it was double what was there a week ago so they admitted him this evening. They are planning on...as of now...putting in a chest tube to drain that fluid and going in and doing a bronchoscopy in the morning.
He is doing well otherwise-his spirits are great...like always...he states " I have fought all my life,I will fight this too." But to be truly honest with all of you this has been the most emotional week I have had for a while. It's hard to be strong all the time and I know God will help me carry this burden and He will help us through this too like He already has but sometimes where we carry heavy loads we just need to stop, rest and re group. Please pray that Brent can have the strength to fight this physically and mentally,pray that I can be that rock that he (and everyone else) can lean on.....pray for the Dr's,nurses, etc that all take part in his care at Loyola, that God will direct there every move & thought and most of all please pray for our coworkers as they bare a little heavier weight while we are gone these few days.
I can not write this with out tears streaming down my face,I am SO blessed to have such an amazing family at work that has been SO supportive, given me a shoulder, given be a laugh and given me encouragement. I love all of you and I mean this with all my heart-I am so blessed to work with such amazing people, you are all special to me. Thanks so much for everything-love you and I know this sounds crazy..but I miss being there with you all! I know I need to quit saying it (per mar) but thanks thanks thanks!
To Brent's co-workers-thank you thank you thank you for giving him the chance to live his dream of being a mechanic. He truly loves his job there at Altorfer and he feels SO blessed to have such a support system there as well-he comes home and tells me about the great people he works with and the great challenges he has there at work with his equipment and he loves it! So again thank you each one...I know he would MUCH rather be there then up here in a hospital bed.
To our parents,siblings,friends and church family. Thank you all for the prayers everyday that you send on our behalf-i know that is what gets us through these times. I know we don't understand all of this that is going on and the burden/fight that Brent has to bare-but I know he is willing to carry this burden and fight this battle. Please just continue to pray and be there for us as our support group. We love you all!
God has a plan...we don't know what it is..but it's perfect in EVERY way, I know that because I have seen it through what He has done in Brent's life.
Where do I really start? Starting last Sunday Brent woke up with a cough, chest congestion, feet swelling (A lot), achy,HA and fever(started Tuesday). So needless to say-he was feeling gross. Monday he went to work all day-he did pretty well, almost came home at one point but toughed it out. Took off work Tuesday & Wendsday, calling up to Chicago to talk to his lung transplant Dr's and his hematologist. Hematology said everything on there end is fine-this was not a side effect from the 1st antibody infusion-whew we were glad for that, that is was going to work for him. So he called the transplant team they started him on Z-pak (zithromax antibiotic orally) for a lung infection, put him back on his blood pressure medications to help his HA because they were running up to 170/100 and his fever had gotten to 99.0. They also scheduled him to have a chest x-ray, labs and pulmonary function testing (PFT) done when he went up for his infusion Thursday (today). So as of last night/this morning he was feeling some what better. His swelling in his feet/ankles was down a ton (he also had them up for 2 days), his temp came back down and his blood pressure lowered some but the HA's were some what better, he no longer had the real bad cough-only occasionally and his congestion hadn't really gotten any better. So today the labs looked fine-per hematology. The chest x-ray showed some increased fluid build up on his R lung and his PFT was kinda all over the place. When they seen the x-ray results they decided to do a CT of his lungs to see more what was going on with that fluid. They decided it was double what was there a week ago so they admitted him this evening. They are planning on...as of now...putting in a chest tube to drain that fluid and going in and doing a bronchoscopy in the morning.
He is doing well otherwise-his spirits are great...like always...he states " I have fought all my life,I will fight this too." But to be truly honest with all of you this has been the most emotional week I have had for a while. It's hard to be strong all the time and I know God will help me carry this burden and He will help us through this too like He already has but sometimes where we carry heavy loads we just need to stop, rest and re group. Please pray that Brent can have the strength to fight this physically and mentally,pray that I can be that rock that he (and everyone else) can lean on.....pray for the Dr's,nurses, etc that all take part in his care at Loyola, that God will direct there every move & thought and most of all please pray for our coworkers as they bare a little heavier weight while we are gone these few days.
I can not write this with out tears streaming down my face,I am SO blessed to have such an amazing family at work that has been SO supportive, given me a shoulder, given be a laugh and given me encouragement. I love all of you and I mean this with all my heart-I am so blessed to work with such amazing people, you are all special to me. Thanks so much for everything-love you and I know this sounds crazy..but I miss being there with you all! I know I need to quit saying it (per mar) but thanks thanks thanks!
To Brent's co-workers-thank you thank you thank you for giving him the chance to live his dream of being a mechanic. He truly loves his job there at Altorfer and he feels SO blessed to have such a support system there as well-he comes home and tells me about the great people he works with and the great challenges he has there at work with his equipment and he loves it! So again thank you each one...I know he would MUCH rather be there then up here in a hospital bed.
To our parents,siblings,friends and church family. Thank you all for the prayers everyday that you send on our behalf-i know that is what gets us through these times. I know we don't understand all of this that is going on and the burden/fight that Brent has to bare-but I know he is willing to carry this burden and fight this battle. Please just continue to pray and be there for us as our support group. We love you all!
God has a plan...we don't know what it is..but it's perfect in EVERY way, I know that because I have seen it through what He has done in Brent's life.
Love you guys! Praying and Thinking of you! Love you so much! Miranda
ReplyDeleteyes, we are praying for all of the above. You are in our thoughts constantly, and we love you both tons! hang in there! you have no idea what an encouragement you both are to all of us! Thanks for the great examples you always are of God's love and promises. your lights are shining bright!!! :)
ReplyDeletelots of love,
Kurt & Livy
Trudy - Just wanted to let you know that we are still here praying for you all. Most of all I wanted to tell you that it is OK to not be "the rock" at all times :) That even though we want to be strong all the time for those around us, it is OK to pass that job along to someone else for a while. My heart aches for you both and I pray that you can find strength from the one true Rock, Christ. "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28 Just know that God is working such miracles around you in other peoples' lives because of the examples that you are setting of His love and faithfulness. Stay strong and know that we are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteJill Gerst
Trudy and Brent,
ReplyDeleteThe burden is GOD's to bear. Let him carry it. HE will be your ROCK. Just love each other and know HE is at work. There are plenty of people around that want to help. Lean on us and we will pray for you both.
Brent & Trudy,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you and trusting that God will again carry you through this time in your lives. You have both been such an inspiration to us thru it all. Trudy-keep smiling...'the Lord will provide'. God bless and keep you in His care.
Love,
Matt & Sara
We had not checked the blog for a while;you continue to be in our prayers.Darl,Nels & s along with Lish& Jackson are coming for supper so will share with them.(Kyle is at a bachelor supper.)Remember Psalm 46;the Lord is our refuge. Love and prayers, Bill & Anna
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers...thinking of you both...keep us posted, as we are all so concerned and need to feel a part of this...sharing a burden brings strenth to us all. Hope you both rest well tonight and a better day will dawn. Luv you both. M
ReplyDeleteBrent- started your truck with a screwdriver and won a couple drag races this PM against some young whipper-snappers. 4X4 power! Be well soon!