our exciting life down in the boondocks
Well as I have said before I have been helping my brother & sister in-law's move to their new home and helping get things done on it. Friday we were moving and getting things put away. So I was in the bathroom putting in a spring loaded shower shelving unit that goes in the corner of a tub. Well when I was adjusting/pushing down on one of the shelves the whole thing came shooting out and hit me right in my R eye...it hurt like the dickens! Thought I was fine until my mother in law informed me that my eye was bleeding inside-between the outer part of my eye & the colored part of my eye...it's called a hyphema. So my mom took me down to Bloomington St. Joe ER for an opthalmologist to look at it. He gave me 2 eye drops, took a pressure reading on it and sent be home with this lovely clear shield for my eye. I have to wear the shield as much as I can tolorate & the drops he put me on keeps my eye dialated all the time. He also put me on bedrest for this week..so I have stay laying down as much as possible he did give me permission yesterday to sit at my sewing machine and sew. So I am off of work until next Monday. He told us that normally back in the day they would hospitalized people that had this.
We seen the opthalmologist yesterday(Dr. Pintar). He said everything is looking good. He gave me another drop for my eye that helps keep the pressure down. the pressure yesteday in his office was in the normal range. So things are looking good and I go back to him on Thursday for another check up.
So this is how our weekend went. Brent goes up to Chicago on Thursday for a test for his stomach surgery which is scheduled for the 30th of this month. He has been so nice & doing great with taking care of me! Never thought it would be his turn this soon.
I know some of you remember me talking about Jenn up in Chicago who was our nurse coordanitor for lung transplant on here. Please keep her in your prayers as her husband was diagnosed with a lung disease and it's been rough for them. My heart just aches for her and Dr. love to see them going through tough things when they have helped/blessed so many of us. Love you Jenn-know that God will see your through this!
Also I have been asked to update the tunes on here and seeing that Christmas is coming...I figured I would just update our page...since I can't quite decorate here at home...because I am not suppose to do much.
THE FOLLOWING MAY GROSS U YOU SO IF YOU DON"T WANT TO SEE MY EYE...GO NO FURTHER!!

Trudy! We miss you here at OSF! :) hope everything goes good for both of you next week!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving!