Monday and all that it brought forth!

Well yesterday we left at 7:30/8 to head for Chicago. We got there on time got checked in and they called us back to the little room that he usually waits in before surgery. Except this time once we got back there we sat for 2 HOURS, until the anesthesiologist came in. He told us we were on there schedule but not the OR's. To make a long story short we went to Chicago to fill out paper work and for them to do a MRSA test on him. I guess they do this for the first patients of the day so that things go smoothly. Needless to say we weren't real thrilled when we found out that all they wanted done was to ask question, sign a consent and do a MRSA test (which is where they swab his nose). Oh well...we just thank God that he watched over us as we traveled.

His numbers are going back up as far as his lung capacity. We are for sure on the schedule for next Monday to have Dr. Love to the bronchoscopy. Then the following week after that we see Dr. Dilling and then the following after that we head to Florida-LORD WILLING!

Sunday morning Brent and I finally sat down to write the letters to the donor family and to the transplant team that removed the lungs from the donor. It's amazing when you sit down to do it how lengthy it got! But in the end words just can't do justice to have thankful we are to all of them. Please pray for the family and the team as they receive these letters that their hearts can be open and receptive to Brent & I, as hard as it may be!.

We are thankful also for the rain that He has blessed us with this morning it just makes things so much greener around here...and makes the grass grown even longer! As I was making breakfast this morning there was a lighting bolt that hit super close because the BOOM was SUPER LOUD. I looked out our front window and you could see the ground smoking out in the middle of the bean field where the lightning had just struck! YIKES...glad it wasn't any trees!

Hope everyone has a blessed week!
Trudy

Comments

  1. It always warms my heart to read your posts. You are both great examples! We are heading to MN today, and hope that you have a great time in FL - maybe we'll see you a bit in-between. if not, we love you!
    U Kurt & A Livy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! BTW Trudz, I have to tell you that I LOVE your plate that you painted at artful designs! It was fun to see how everyone's stuff turned out! :) Did Brent like what you painted for him?? I'm sure he likes everything you do for him!
    Love ya both!
    ~ Mernda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Alex Rounds

It's OVER!!!...so far!