waiting on the chest tube
Well, the doctors have been in and all is good except that too much fluid is draining from my chest tube. This is the only thing keeping me in the hospital right now. They clamped it yesterday to mimic the tube being out, then x-rayed it. The air in the chest cavity got slightly bigger (indicating a air leak) which is one thing they look at, the other thing is volume of fluid draining which is still just a little too high. Both of these problems are common and will heal with time. So, we will remain in the 5tower high rise suite 5908 until everything is OK. I feel very good and ready to see something different besides these same four walls. I take alot of walks around the unit to pass the time and get exercise. Well, thats most of what I know.
More updates as they develop. Lets us know via email of any news you have from back home, I would love to hear it.
More updates as they develop. Lets us know via email of any news you have from back home, I would love to hear it.
Hey Brent! With home nurses like the ones shown on the blog, I'd stay in the hospital for a long time! Maybe they can find some better ones before you get home. We missed you and Trudy today. Hope things are going well. Love, Duane and Eileen
ReplyDelete