SURGERY!!!!

This is Jenn...she flew out to get his lungs! Brent Doing his last treatment
This cooler is the one that will hold his new lungs!! ...LORD WILLING!!

The Gangs all here!...except me..I am taking the pic! Us right before he went into the OR!

Waiting!!!!..even little miss Katie is here to be with us..she adds joy and entertainment!

Brent went into the OR at 3:30 surrounded by everyone of our family members,except Ryan because he had to work today-We miss you buddy and Love you!!! We got the call at 5:30 that the transplant is a GO...wait...did you hear me...IT'S A GO!!!!! Lots of excitment and emotion! Now we just wait for....6-8 hours to see how it goes and how he takes it! We are just so overwhelmed and it's been nothing but a miracle for us! We are just so thankful to have all of his family here for him-it's a blessing to both of us...but especially him! They say they will call every couple hours or so to let us know how things are going. If I get the chance...to update...I will!
Please continue to pray that God will lead the surgeons and provide for Brent that he will take this well. Love to all!

Comments

  1. Praise God, He is so good! We'll continue to lift you up to the Greatest Physician. So thankful to hear that the transplant is a GO! Love, Andy & Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are anxious to hear news from Loyola! I am filled with emotion as we have tucked our own daughter, Josie (who also has CF), into bed tonight after her treatments. I am thinking of Brent fighting for a hope of a life with new lungs, and of all of you who are cheering him on! I can relate to all of you who are supporting him, caring for him, and loving him. Keep cheering!! We are praying for you all. I am having a hard time tearing myself away from your page here . . . I'll check back soon.

    Love,
    John and Tresa Maul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Blunier Family,
    We too, join all of you in thought and prayer, hoping for a new chance at life, and are committing all of you in prayer to our Great God, who holds all of us in His hand. We have a dear little granddaughter, Josie, who has CF and our hearts are anxious and hoping with you.
    Our Love and Prayers,
    Don & Carol Bazzell

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still amazed every time we check this site! You are both God's living, walking miracle and you are being used to strengthen others (like me) with your reliance on Him!
    I am so happy for both of you to have this chance with "new lungs". I know you will make the most of it. Josie is watching your site and keeping tabs on you and it makes her feel good to see you doing so well. Her doubts and fears seem to fade when she sees your smiling face, and all of Trudy's positive comments. Thanks for sharing.

    Your CF relation,
    Tresa Maul

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Alex Rounds

It's OVER!!!...so far!