Blood transfusion & Misc Update

Brent ended up getting his transfusion at about 6:30 last night. They stated that the first 1/2 hour is the most crucial and the most commen side effects are fever,chills and the sweats. So we were prepared for anything to happen-kinda. The nurses kept coming in and taking his temp. and his vitals...never once did he get any of those symptoms...we have an awesome God and an awesome group of praying friends and family. We are So thankful that God has provided. After that blood was done transfusing he was able to sleep most of the evening-before that he wasn't able to get comfortable enough or breath well enough to sleep-he had to focus on breathing. His nurse coordinator came to visit us-Jenn-we just love her...I have pictures but I don't have anyway of uploading them right now...but if I do then I will show you pictures I have been taking. They did a 6 minute walk on him yesterday afternoon-checks to see what his O2 is when he is moving around and it effects his lung transplant number as well. So due to this walk,him being in the hospital,getting a transfusion, O2 increase etc...this will effect his number to go higher-the higher the number,the sicker you are (sadly!) the closer you are to new lungs. It would be a miracle from God if he provide new lungs for Brent while we are up here. Being memorial day weekend...people do crazy things...bad for them...good for us. Our mom's and I were able to get a room at the ronald mcdonald house up here for as long as we need...it's beautiful and they have SO much food around there that you can't go hungry or loose weight from stress! HA! Brent's night went OK last night. He said he seen the clock every 1/2-1 hour. If he wasn't coughing he was going to the bathroom or doing treatments. As some of you know...trying to sleep in a hospital anyway...doesn't work so much some times. But I realize he was also not comfortable. He just got done with breakfast...plate full of bacon...his favorite! I got here this morning at about 7 so I am writing this from his room. O'hare airport isn't far from here so we see lots of planes landing and taking off...slight entertainment!
Thanks to all of you that have lifted us up in pray...we can feel them...every one! My mom is going to be staying here with us and Brent's mom is going to go home for a couple days and then come back up over the weekend with is dad before they head to MN for vacation. Our siblings may come up this weekend if they get the chance. We would encourage visitors except that Brent's room is no bigger than a cracker box! We have three chairs,vest machine,bed and IV stand...and the room is full! The words of encouragement and the e-mails is like you are here with us! We love you all!
Trudy & Brent!

Comments

  1. Hello you two!
    we're so glad for some encouraging news today. We are praying constantly and love you both so much! Know that you're always in our hearts, and praying that you continue to feel God's love and power! for what it's worth, i was having a little concern this morning (about other issues, small compared to you two) but i opened to Isaiah Chapter 43, read verses 1-7. I was so humbled by God's promises, and thought i'd pass this along to you. We serve a great God, who loves us more than we can imagine!!

    love you both!
    A. Livy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Alex Rounds

It's OVER!!!...so far!