2 Down and 2 To Go!!

Brent got his chest tubes out at 3:55 today. One on each side. We were told this would be the most painful part when then pull these. The nurse let me stay in with him and hold his hand and I got to watch the whole thing. I enjoyed seeing how they do it but if I wasn't into the medical field..I wouldn't have stayed in. So they told him to breath deep in and out and on the third breath blow out as forceful as you can and on that third one they pulled the tube. HE HAD NO...let me tell you again HE HAD NO NOOO PAIN-when they pulled these out! Praise the Lord! I am sure the newly placed epidural helped this pain as well! He is currently getting washed up and looking forward to Bruce and Clark coming up to visit! Love to all!!

Trudy

Comments

  1. Yeah for Brent!!! Hope to hear of the other 2 tubes being pulled out soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent, you truly are an amazing person to be getting along so well after such a serious surgery. Trudy surely is an excellent encourager and you can be thankful you have her by your side. We love you both and continue to pray often for God's healing and protection. Love, Jim and Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenty!

    Glad to hear you are doing so well Mr. 24 hour man! So what are you going to be doing in the next 24 hours, running laps around the hospital?! Seriously, it truly made my day to hear you are doing so well.

    Keep smiling...you look great! Tell Trudy "HI"!

    Love,

    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brent (& Trudy)
    Hi Guys! You truly do look amazing for having been through all that! So exciting to hear of all your progress each day. Trudy - we love the posts and pics to keep us updated! Hope you can be home in your own bed soon! Love you - sam, em & will

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful this all is, the pictures are great. What you eating there kid? You are really looking good and when you get home Don and I will meet you two at Gill's for Fried Chicken. Brent we are so pleased for you and know that God is directing the show and will continue to do so.

    Trudy, this is Wed and boy do I miss you but you are where you need to be with that best friend. We will keep your desk dusted off and waiting for you.

    Love, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brent & Trudy
    We continue to lift you up to God & Praise Him for His Goodness. We are SO THANKFUL that Brent is recovering so quickly. Keep the good news coming!! Trudy - I often check for pictures & updates - it helps all of us "back home" to stay connected. You are an amazing couple & such an example to all of us. God Bless You--REAL GOOD!
    Our Love, Dave & Ann & Jason

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trudy! I found your blog thru Jill's. I just wanted to tell you how thrilled we are that Brent seems to be doing so well. Kirk and I are praying for you both!!

    Love, Wendy P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brent & Trudy,
    It is great to hear your progress! You look great! God truely is faithful! We'll continue to pray for your healing. Dan & Kayla & family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brent, what a blessing to see your smiling face, even amid the pain and uncomfortable moments...We know you are so thankful to God, for your new lungs..your awesome wife..your supportive family..and all your friends. We are too..and we love you both. Have a good day.
    U. Jake and A. Mary and family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Alex Rounds

It's OVER!!!...so far!