Brent Update:
We went to Chicago yesterday for a check up with his pulmonologist. His lung function went down 9%. Which is a lot. The Dr. thinks it's because he has an infection brewing, it just hasn't gotten to the point of IV's yet. He put him on another inhaler called Advair, to help him so he can sleep through the night. At this point he gets up 1-2 times every night to do a treatment so he can breath better. So hopefully this inhaler will help him get more sleep at night! He usually sleeps good but he ends up taking 1-2 hr long naps during the day. Which the Dr. also states he is so tired all the time because it takes a lot out or him just to breath. He lost about 3 lbs since January..which is more than we would like to see. They always encourage him to eat more to gain weight but that's a very hard thing for him to do! Unfortunately for some of us that's not the case!:) He spirits have been good which helps both of us out! I was able to get off work this morning so we stayed over night last night and just spent quality time together! We had a very nice time!
Yesterday at the appt. I pulled out my camera and snapped some pictures of Brent and the people we work with on a usual visit. He was surprised/embaressed/slightly in shock but he cooperated with me :)!!! So I will be having a "picture" post tonight. I took pictures of Brent with his nurse, Pulmonary Dr. and respiratory therapist! Thanks guys for posing so lovely for us! I will also be throwing in some pictures of a couple cakes I have done in the past couple weeks as well!
Other than the medial information. There isn't much else going on. Just waiting to plant some beautiful flowers and our garden! I can't wait to dig in the dirt!!!
Hope every one has a blessed rest of the week! See you soon!
We went to Chicago yesterday for a check up with his pulmonologist. His lung function went down 9%. Which is a lot. The Dr. thinks it's because he has an infection brewing, it just hasn't gotten to the point of IV's yet. He put him on another inhaler called Advair, to help him so he can sleep through the night. At this point he gets up 1-2 times every night to do a treatment so he can breath better. So hopefully this inhaler will help him get more sleep at night! He usually sleeps good but he ends up taking 1-2 hr long naps during the day. Which the Dr. also states he is so tired all the time because it takes a lot out or him just to breath. He lost about 3 lbs since January..which is more than we would like to see. They always encourage him to eat more to gain weight but that's a very hard thing for him to do! Unfortunately for some of us that's not the case!:) He spirits have been good which helps both of us out! I was able to get off work this morning so we stayed over night last night and just spent quality time together! We had a very nice time!
Yesterday at the appt. I pulled out my camera and snapped some pictures of Brent and the people we work with on a usual visit. He was surprised/embaressed/slightly in shock but he cooperated with me :)!!! So I will be having a "picture" post tonight. I took pictures of Brent with his nurse, Pulmonary Dr. and respiratory therapist! Thanks guys for posing so lovely for us! I will also be throwing in some pictures of a couple cakes I have done in the past couple weeks as well!
Other than the medial information. There isn't much else going on. Just waiting to plant some beautiful flowers and our garden! I can't wait to dig in the dirt!!!
Hope every one has a blessed rest of the week! See you soon!
Greeting to both of you! Just found out about this site;it's great. We so enjoy your Zimm family and thankful Brent is part of it. We will continue to lift you up in prayer to our Heavenly Father. Love in Him, Bill & Anna
ReplyDelete