We had an appointment with Brent's pulmonologist today at 2 up in Chicago. It went well for the most part. They had done a bone density test to check his bones out and they said he has osteoporosis in his lower back and osteopenia (the start of osteoporosis) in his neck. They want him to take a calcium supplement everyday and they want him to EAT EAT EAT!!! So we are trying to be creative in his diet area to find ways he can get extra calories. His lung function was about the same not much different there. He is going to get a hearing test done the next time we go up there for an appointment. He has been having a hard time hearing....I just figured he was just not wanting to hear me...HA! Since he has been taking Tobrymyacin (antibiotic) for years that can effect your hearing, along with his family history and working around large equipment his whole life.
It was good to go up there today. Some days when we go up it seems pointless because the Dr's don't change anything or they don't give much advice at times. Grated sometimes there is nothing to change or any different advice to give. But today it was a worth while trip up there to get some direction in his care. We are truly grateful and thankful for our Dr's and their staff. They are always very caring,understanding and they do the best they can with what God gives them! We pray they will be blessed for all their efforts they put forth!
Not much is new besides the appointment today. Brent is going to see his grandparents up in Princeville tomorrow. His grandma had a pretty tough fall a week or so ago and is recovering well which we are thankful for . He always enjoys his visits when he goes so he is looking forward to that.
Tomorrow is my mom's 50th birthday so we will be spending the evening with them tomorrow....I made her a special cake...I will put pictures on after she sees it tomorrow....can't ruin the surprise. If you get the chance shoot her an e-mail or give her a call!
We hope everyone is having a great week. We are looking forward to,as many of you are as well I am sure, to the warm weather that is suppose to be heading our way! We pray that God will continue to provide in all things and the most of all what happens in this life we live will be HIS will and NOT ours-it ALWAYS goes better that way9though we may not understand)!
I want to encourage you each one as I know some of my friends are struggling with where they are in life God HAS a PURPOSE for each of us and we are each a piece of his puzzle...with out each of you the puzzle won't go together! Continue to Look up for all your needs He is there for you 24/7-Trust me....I go to HIM so much He's probable sick of me!(no not really!) Have a blessed rest of the week!
Trudy
It was good to go up there today. Some days when we go up it seems pointless because the Dr's don't change anything or they don't give much advice at times. Grated sometimes there is nothing to change or any different advice to give. But today it was a worth while trip up there to get some direction in his care. We are truly grateful and thankful for our Dr's and their staff. They are always very caring,understanding and they do the best they can with what God gives them! We pray they will be blessed for all their efforts they put forth!
Not much is new besides the appointment today. Brent is going to see his grandparents up in Princeville tomorrow. His grandma had a pretty tough fall a week or so ago and is recovering well which we are thankful for . He always enjoys his visits when he goes so he is looking forward to that.
Tomorrow is my mom's 50th birthday so we will be spending the evening with them tomorrow....I made her a special cake...I will put pictures on after she sees it tomorrow....can't ruin the surprise. If you get the chance shoot her an e-mail or give her a call!
We hope everyone is having a great week. We are looking forward to,as many of you are as well I am sure, to the warm weather that is suppose to be heading our way! We pray that God will continue to provide in all things and the most of all what happens in this life we live will be HIS will and NOT ours-it ALWAYS goes better that way9though we may not understand)!
I want to encourage you each one as I know some of my friends are struggling with where they are in life God HAS a PURPOSE for each of us and we are each a piece of his puzzle...with out each of you the puzzle won't go together! Continue to Look up for all your needs He is there for you 24/7-Trust me....I go to HIM so much He's probable sick of me!(no not really!) Have a blessed rest of the week!
Trudy
Good to hear your update. I continue to remember you in our prayers. I to am looking forward to warm weather. My parents are visiting from Oregon and I would love for them to have a few days of warmth. But our winter in Illinois has not been so fun. It's been a COLD one. Blessings sweet bloggy friend.
ReplyDelete